Welcome to SEROCA.org
SEROCA NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Next SEROCA MEMBERSHIP MEETING: Wednesday, February 20 – 7:00 pm
Location: The Chapel at Oakdale Emory United Methodist Church, 3425 Emory Church Road
– 7:00 to 7:10 – Approval of last meeting’s minutes – to view/download: CLICK HERE.
Please take a moment to review prior to the meeting!
– 7:15 to 8:00 – Toll Brothers presentation and Qs and As concerning Trotter’s Glen
– 8:00 to 8:30 – Rustic Roads presentation and Qs and As
– 8:30 to 9:15 – Discussion
Please forward any questions for either Toll Brothers or Rustic Roads to Meg Pease-Fye at firstname.lastname@example.org or Janice Fothergill at email@example.com – we will compile and consolidate questions in order to save time.
- GREAT NEWS:
We have won our case to stop the First Baptist Church of Wheaton (aka “Streams of Hope”) from building its illegal church on Emory Church Rd.!
For full details, go to the Current Issues Page.
- View/Download the MINUTES from our Jan. 9, 2013 meeting (in pdf format): CLICK HERE.
- View/Download the MINUTES from our Sept. 19, 2012 meeting (in pdf format): CLICK HERE.
- MINUTES from our May 16, 2012 meeting (in pdf format): CLICK HERE.
- WeAreMoCo - This is a new community service/networking site worth checking out (they presented at the last SEROCA meeting):
WeAreMoCo.org is a communication network for Montgomery County residents to share information of individual concern for countywide consumption. The focus is on governmental processes and decision making as they relate to the welfare of residents and the preservation of neighborhoods.
- Congratulations to previous SEROCA President David Reile, winner of the 2012 Greater Olney Civic Association’s President’s Award earlier in March! David was recognized for his tireless commitment to ensuring all development proposals follow the spirit and intent of the 2055 Olney Master Plan, and preserving what we value most about our community!
The latest updates on several current development issues involving our community, including Farquhar Middle School, the Trotter’s Glen, Batchellors Forest, and Pulte (across from FMS) housing developments, the Danshes Property (new proposed retirement home behind the Firehouse on Geo. Ave.), and more can be found on the Current Issues Page.
As the local community and civic association, SEROCA serves to assist in coordinating with and representing residents living in the Southeast rural Olney area on issues which come before the Greater Olney Civic Association and Montgomery County agencies. SEROCA also serves as a communication resource for residents.
SEROCA Community Area:
If you live on Emory Church Rd., Norbrook Dr., Ascott Ln., Batchellor’s Forest Rd., Westminster Dr., Norbeck Farm Dr., or Norbeck Farm Pl., you are in the SEROCA community. Click here to view the map outlining the area SEROCA covers.
For the latest updates on issues of interest to the SEROCA community, click on the “Current Issues” tab above.